We are super excited to welcome back our fifth grade book clubbers and hopefully see some new faces to book club! Each month, you all will get to vote on the book club book of your choice and we will meet during lunch in the media center to discuss the book that we read. If you would like to check out a Kindle from the LS media center to read the month's book club book, please have your guardian complete this form. Or, if you would like to bring in your own e-Reader for book club, please complete the Acceptable Use Policy Form and return it to Lauren Ward.
To kick off this year's book club, we have chosen the first book of the year, which also happens to be a Georgia Book Award nominee. It is an amazing fantasy called The Breadcrumbs by Anne Ursu. We will meet on Monday, October 14th in the LS Media Center so please come having read the book and don't forget to bring your lunch. You may check out a copy of the book from the Media Center or your local public library. Enjoy the book trailer below for a preview of this month's book:
Felicity- I am SO glad you are loving the book Breadcrumbs! I also like how the story talks about being a good friend, even when it is "inconvenient". I enjoy reading books that blend reality with fantasy in the way that this book does.
I totally agree. Books that teach lessons about friendship are amazing. I especially love when they teach about friendship and have magic. I was wondering if our library has any other Anne Ursu books because she is an amazing author. She really makes the book come alive. While reading breadcrumbs I really felt like I was Hazel.
We have a number of Anne Ursu books so please come and check some out! You should also try a book called Dancing Home in F ADA. Different author but you might like that one too. Mrs. Brown
I love the book breadcrumbs it is one of my favorite books because of all the magic. I really enjoy books that include magical and mystical things!
ReplyDeleteFelicity- I am SO glad you are loving the book Breadcrumbs! I also like how the story talks about being a good friend, even when it is "inconvenient". I enjoy reading books that blend reality with fantasy in the way that this book does.
ReplyDeleteI totally agree. Books that teach lessons about friendship are amazing. I especially love when they teach about friendship and have magic. I was wondering if our library has any other Anne Ursu books because she is an amazing author. She really makes the book come alive. While reading breadcrumbs I really felt like I was Hazel.
ReplyDeleteWe have a number of Anne Ursu books so please come and check some out! You should also try a book called Dancing Home in F ADA. Different author but you might like that one too.
ReplyDeleteMrs. Brown